February 28, 2018




Student FAQS

I need help finding my advisor. Where do I start?

I have questions regarding exceptions to academic actions such as a substitution, waiver, or appeal. How do I get started?

  • The best place to start is with your advisor. They will know the proper steps and which forms you may need.
  • In general, requests must be initiated by a student’s advisor or department. Once a decision has been made by your department, you may appeal at the college level. Your advisor can also assist you with this process. In some cases, an appeal can be made to the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education. Decisions made at this level are final.
  • If you have already gone to your advisor, department chair, and dean and still have questions you may contact our Student Support Specialist at apugsubs@gmu.edu. Please note the Student Support Specialist is not an advisor and cannot provide academic advising.

I need some assistance this semester. Does Mason have tutors or counseling available to students?

I have general advising questions but don’t think I need to see my advisor yet. What is a good resource for me?

I think I would like to change my major. Who do I talk to?

I am interested in studying abroad. What opportunities are there?

  • Mason GEO  has some great programs both abroad and here in the US

I would like more information about internships and career services. What is available?

Where can I get more information about Undergraduate Research?

Other helpful links: